Brand new and exciting opportunity to join an established creative team with a large international and successful design and events business.
Due to continued growth, the Creative Team with a current headcount of 9 and growing are looking for an organised and professional Studio Traffic Co-ordinator to ensure design and project delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Creative and working from the head office in Warwickshire (just south of Coventry), the Studio Traffic Co-ordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day studio operations and the traffic of work flow. Working closely with the Senior Designers, the Studio Traffic Co-ordinator will organise, manage and coordinate resources and the distribution of work to meet business needs.
The role sits in the Senior Design Team, so the ideal candidate will be comfortable with planning design projects, ensuring they stay on track as well meet high creative and consistent standards.
Candidates with any prior experience as a design co-ordinator/manager, project coordinator/manager, studio traffic coordinator/manager, or with previous experience in creative services are encouraged to apply!
- Manage the design studio’s day-to-day operations and ensure that work is allocated, timeframes are met and designs are completed as per project brief.
- Traffick and manage the flow of work through the correct design process as set by the Creative Leads and ensure that projects are signed off through the correct channels prior to leaving the design studio
- Work to cost and time, estimating the time required to complete the work and developing designs that suit the client’s purpose within the cost
- Measure key KPI’s, such as studio time, time sheets, project budgets.
- Create monthly reports for Management and other key stakeholders on project timeframes, capacity and opportunity to win-conversation rates.
- Assist the Creative Leads in leading and reporting key updates, initiatives and factors for continuous improvement within the Creative Department.
- Work closely in Project Management, Sales teams and Business development in driving best practices for the business..
- Work with international colleagues to maximise all opportunities across the UK and wider regions, including the willingness to train and support others.
We are open to both Junior and more experienced candidates, provided you have 18 months to 2 years minimum within creative ideally in a busy studio.
- Excellent project management, eye for detail, organisational and communication skills
- Experience working with design briefs, allocation resource, liaising with key stakeholders and tracking projects in terms of time and budget.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- Proven resource management in fast a paced multi disciplined design studio, including 3D design, 2D design, exhibition stand design, interior design or the event industry.
- Knowledge of a range of project managing techniques including lean, agile and waterfall.
- Experience of driving workflow from concept through to production, ensuring work is completed in a timely manner, keeping good communication with all key stakeholders of the project.
- Experience of managing resource on-site and remotely including freelancers
- An appreciation of different design tools including, but not limited to: AutoCAD, 3D StudioMAX, Inventor, Adobe Creative Suite – including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat.
- An appreciation of manufacturing, printing methods, shell scheme, production techniques such as CNC and traditional methods
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, strong PC skills and cloud based sharing platforms.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 plus benefits.
Location: Warwickshire, south of Coventry. Commutable from Birmingham, Northampton, Leicester, Rugby and surrounds.
Please note that interviews will be one-stage held on Monday 19 November 2018, so please do not hesitate to apply/enquire.