Brand new opportunity for a senior Communications professional to join a leading, national charity based in Peterborough. A well-rounded, challenging and exciting position, this opportunity is perfect for the right professional looking to really make a mark in their career, working on a number of rewarding campaigns and projects. The role will spread across both internal and external communications, with arms into campaigns (including digital/web campaigns), social media, PR, events, marketing and wider media.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working from head office in Peterborough, the Head of Communications will be responsible for managing at team, setting the communications strategy and managing the day to day delivery of the communications, web, digital and wider client engagement strategy.
A brief overview of responsibilities can be found below (non-exhaustive list):
- The development and delivery of a communications and engagement strategy both internal and external;
- Working with and building relationships with both cross-departmental internal stakeholders and external stakeholders;
- Building on the existing Public Affairs activity, to ensure that the outcomes of the charity’s work is visible across the relevant sectors;
- Work with the Senior Management Team to support strategic leadership of the Charity in its next phase of growth and development;
- Man management of the Communications team, motivating and empowering them to succeed and develop;
- Support the Fundraising teams in the delivery of exceptional supporter engagement, preparation of case for supports and capitalise on fundraising opportunities
- Lead the strategic development of digital and web activity, including campaigns;
- Support the delivery of the conference and events schedule as a means to drive deeper engagement with our audiences both online and offline.
We are looking for a professional Communications professional who has previous man management experience.
- Degree educated or relevant years’ experience in Communications positions.
- Man management experience
- Excellent organisations, financial and communication skills
- Experience across the marketing communications mix including digital, web, social media PR and events,
- NB Charity background non-essential
Salary £40,000 – £45,000 per annum plus benefits
Commutable from Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Cambridgeshire.