A totally unique opportunity to be a founding member within the Malta office for a creative-first performance marketing agency, known for launching music festivals and events and with a vision to become known as a world-class agency for launches.
Based initially in Manchester and then relocating to Malta after Christmas the Business Manager will lead the new business team at the marketing agency as it embarks on setting up it’s brand new Malta office.
Reporting to the Malta based Account Director who will be setting up the offering also, the Business Manager will be responsible for ensuring the agency signs a roster of clients required so achieve its world-class ambitions and become one of Malta’s top marketing agencies. You’ll work closely with the senior management team in Malta and the UK as you work to sign clients within the travel, leisure, music and hospitality industries.
Malta has the fastest growing economy within the EU by some margin with property prices growing at the 2nd fastest rate and low tax rates to match. The island receives 300 days of sun a year and everyone speaks English. This is an incredible opportunity to relocate to a warmer climate and experience the good life.
Early December in Manchester (UK). Relocating to Malta in early January.
● £25,000 – £30000 PA + incentive scheme.
- Leading pitch preparation for new business opportunities and tenders.
- Ensure the company has a pipeline that matches its performance objectives.
- Overseeing the company’s sales process to ensure proposals are created quicky to the highest standards in line with the companies services.
- Responsible for up-selling services to existing clients
- Developing client relationships to grow and renew contracts.
- Eventually building a new business team to work with you.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new business to ensure the accounts smooth operation.
- Creating, managing and developing the local lead generation system with assistance from the UK.
- Working with the Account Director to ensure the business has a joined up marketing, sales and outbound strategy that matches it’s business objectives.
- 5 years+ experience in Business Development within the marketing industry.
- You’ll need to be able to lead and inspire your team, clients, and other external partners
- Commercially and creatively minded
- Proven negotiation skills, influencing abilities and commercial relationship building experience.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritization, scheduling, time management, and meeting stretching deadlines.
- Strong communications skills – verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the client’s business, and how marketing can contribute to its success.
- Strong analytical skills
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- The senior management team at the company meet regularly with a board and have a real hand in defining the company’s direction and activities.
- 25 days paid annual leave, encouragement to take your birthday off.
- Regular socials, and perks including gig tickets, festival tickets and more.
- An environment that rewards innovation and seeks to be at the forefront of the industry.
- Be part of a fast-growing company, with a rapidly expanding client base.
- Free Breakfasts on Mondays.
- Friday finishes at 4pm.
- Further relocation benefits – see below
- Private Health Insurance will be included within your package.
- Flight to relocate and first months accommodation is included.
- 2 x return flights home outside of business trips paid for by MMM per year.
- The final stage of the interview process may include visit to Malta which will be covered by the company.
- Now: Malta is in the EU. Until the UK leaves the EU, the UK remains a full member of the EU and UK nationals retain their legal status as EU citizens. There will be no change to the rights and status of UK nationals living in the EU while the UK remains in the EU. This means UK nationals can continue to work and live in EU countries and UK nationals can continue to receive healthcare in EU countries.
- After 29 March 2019 [If the UK & EU agree a Brexit deal] During the Implementation Period (30 March 2019 to 31 December 2020), you will enjoy the same rights to work in an EU Member State as you do now. If you are legally resident in the EU by the end of this period you will be covered by the Withdrawal Agreement, and will be able to continue living and working in your Member State of residence broadly as you do now.
- After the end of the Implementation Period, future arrangements for those not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement will be determined by the negotiations on the UK-EU future partnership. We anticipate it will not be difficult to obtain a VISA if there is no-deal.