A totally unique opportunity to be a founding member within a newly created Malta office for a creative-first performance marketing agency, known for launching music festivals and events and with a vision to become known as a world-class agency for launches.
Based initially in Manchester with the UK team and then relocating to Malta after Christmas you’ll lead the direction of the output for the marketing agency as it embarks on setting up its brand new Malta office.
The Account Director will be responsible for ensuring the agency produces the outstanding work required to achieve its world-class ambitions. You’ll recruit and lead your own team in Malta and work closely with the UK office, local staff and external suppliers, with the first recruit takin place before relocation (a BDM). The work will initially be focused on building marketing campaigns, designing branding and creating websites within the travel, leisure, music and hospitality industries.
Malta has the fastest growing economy within the EU by some margin with property prices growing at the 2nd fastest rate and low tax rates to match. The island receives 300 days of sun a year and everyone speaks English. This is an incredible opportunity to relocate to a warmer climate and experience the good life!
Early December in Manchester (UK). Relocating to Malta in early January.
? £40000 PA + incentive scheme.
- Recruiting a local team to work with you.
- Client accounts within the agency, and the client-agency relationship.
- Managing the production of work between Malta, the UK office and external suppliers.
- Ensuring the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Supporting the Account Management Team in writing creative briefs and directing the strategic development of creative work.
- Enhancing the agencies creative and operational processes to ensure the output of outstanding results.
- Leading the management of pitch preparation for new business opportunities and producing and presenting new business proposals and tenders.
- Financial forecasting for your team’s client accounts.
- Developing accurate proposals and budgets.
- Leading the efficient planning and management of all projects from brief through to execution.
- Reviewing creative and strategic work and proactively suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring work developed for your clients is on-brief and of a high quality.
- Managing your team ensuring they are happy and motivated.
- Ensuring your team have objectives and regular performance reviews.
- At least 12 months as an Account Director or Head of Marketing.
- You’ll need to be able to lead and inspire your team, clients, and other external partners
- You’ll be commercially and creatively minded
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively.
- Confidence to take charge when necessary.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively.
- Being able to evaluate & direct creative work offering constructive & decisive feedback.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the travel, leisure, music and hospitality industries.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- The senior management team at the company meet regularly with a board and have a real hand in defining the company’s direction and activities.
- 25 days paid annual leave, encouragement to take your birthday off.
- Regular socials, and perks including gig tickets, festival tickets and more.
- An environment that rewards innovation and seeks to be at the forefront of the industry.
- Be part of a fast-growing company, with a rapidly expanding client base.
- Free Breakfasts on Mondays.
- Friday finishes at 4pm.
- Further relocation benefits – see below.
- Private Health Insurance will be included within your package.
- Flight to relocate and first months accommodation is included.
- 2 x return flights home outside of business trips paid for by the company per year.
- The final stage of the interview process may include visit to Malta which will be covered by the company.
Now: Malta is in the EU. Until the UK leaves the EU, the UK remains a full member of the EU and UK nationals retain their legal status as EU citizens. There will be no change to the rights and status of UK nationals living in the EU while the UK remains in the EU. This means UK nationals can continue to work and live in EU countries and UK nationals can continue to receive healthcare in EU countries.
After 29 March 2019 [If the UK & EU agree a Brexit deal] During the Implementation Period (30 March 2019 to 31 December 2020), you will enjoy the same rights to work in an EU Member State as you do now. If you are legally resident in the EU by the end of this period you will be covered by the Withdrawal Agreement, and will be able to continue living and working in your Member State of residence broadly as you do now.
After the end of the Implementation Period, future arrangements for those not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement will be determined by the negotiations on the UK-EU future partnership. We anticipate it will not be difficult to obtain a VISA if there is no-deal.